Tamil Nadu Increases Punishment for Crimes Against Women, Children. The Bill, piloted by Minister for Law, Courts and Prisons, C Ve Shanmugam amended the Indian Penal Code in its applicability to Tamil Nadu.
MANGAI SHORT FILM FEST 2022
The 16 days action against gender-based violence international campaign starts off on 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and runs until 10 December, Human Rights Day. Started off as an organizing strategy by individuals and organizations around the world to call for the prevention and elimination of violence against women and girls three decades ago, it now calls for global actions to increase awareness, galvanize advocacy efforts, and share knowledge and innovations.
The global theme for this year’s 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, which will run from 25 November to 10 December 2022, is “UNITE! Activism to end violence against women and girls”.
As one of its activities during this period the Department of Social Welfare and Women Empowerment which runs the State Women Helpline (181) launches the ‘Mangai- Change through Awareness’, short film contest, where interested public can learn about healthy nonviolence relationships and use their communication skills to create awareness on five most common issues/ways of addressing gender-based violence.
Anyone within the age of 18 to 40 Years.
Video Submission Deadline: 25.11.2022
CONTEST REGULATIONS / INFORMATION
- Content: Original Video
- Time limit: Should not exceed 5 minutes
- Theme: Fiction, nonfiction, documentary, animation.
- Language: Tamil & English.
- Note: Format of file for Upload MP4/AVI Video HD (High Definition)
TOPICS FOR THE SHORT FILM
- Family structural violence against women – பெண்களுக்கு எதிரான வன்முறைக்கு நம் குடும்ப கட்டமைப்பை காரணம்.
- Social conditioning against women empowerment – பெண்கள் அதிகாரமளித்தலுக்கு எதிரான சமூக நிலைமை.
- Vulnerable state of women in the digital age – டிஜிட்டல் யுகத்தில் பெண்களின் பாதுகாப்பற்ற நிலை.
Your Short film will be telecasted in WHL Face book and YouTube Channel
- Best Short Film
- Best Student Film
- Best Film maker Award
- Maximum participation award ( College)
- Audience Choice Award
- Rs 10,000 for each category
- Trophy & Certificates
- 3-month internship with WHL Digital Marketing Team
PROCEDURE TO UPLOAD VIDEOS
Send us your Movies in Video HD (High Definition) format through Gdrive/ WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is organized by SWD( Social Welfare and Women Empowerment Department) of Tamil Nadu Government.